Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Villian Ladybug




It never ceases to amaze me how creative young minds can be. I was pleasantly surprised this morning when routinely talking about the letters of the alphabet while saying letter names, sounds and a word for each letter. I observed while the letter "L's" action was preformed by a group of five year olds whom used their fingers to create an imaginary ladybugs. One child who had his fingers moving rapidly in motion across and around his open faced hand stating "teacher, this ladybug is a villian"! Wow, there you have it, we have a villian among us. For a moment I thought, isn't that so true in life. I thought about villian ladybugs and I wondered could this be a metaphor for other things in our lives? Creative young minds are some of the most pleasant surprises.

No comments: